Thursday, February 08, 2007

Respite

I made it back to work today after my relapse Tuesday and Wednesday. It felt odd to emerge from my apartment and join the world again after so long being inside. My new best friend, Domino's, made it so I didn't even have to venture out for more groceries, or stand so long as to cook a meal. In Switzerland Domino's is so organized that you can order online and in my somewhat limited, but recent experience they arrive way before the guaranteed 30 minutes. Best off all, they have a "Carte de Fidelité" or in English, "Faithfulness Card" so after 5 deliveries the 6th pizza is free! What a deal.

This morning I found respite in the increase in light. While the sun was not yet up when I left the house, the sky was a beautiful crepuscular glow and it felt like morning, not like I had decided to go out in the middle of the night as per usual. By the end of the month, the sun will be up by the time I leave the house and from there it just gets closer and closer to Spring. See for yourself.

To be completely honest, I love the snow and the cold in Winter. It's the darkness that I have a difficult time with. So, hurrah for the return of the light.

Well, it's back to bed for me. I made it through the school day, but it used every ounce of energy available. I'm just not at 100%. So I'm listening to my body tell me that I'm exhausted, I acknowledge the pain in my shoulders and neck and I recognize that those pesky flu viruses are trying to maintain their hold on me. It's not over. And if I don't listen, I fear it never will be.

No comments: