Saturday, February 24, 2007

Miss Piggy

I eat too much. I've been wondering lately why over the last couple years I seem to be on a packing trend. As in packing it on. I've gone up a size or two and it just sucks because I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I had rabbit fast metabolism and now I don't. I'm getting older. Uggh, that word, older. But it's true. I see myself starting to age. Key word starting. So, with a lot of care and good habits, that process can be greatly slowed.

That positive energy is what took me surfing on over to Real Simple's Ditch Your Diet. It's an innovative way of looking at diet and nutrition. I picked the "grazer" plan for myself, because once I eat, I'm hungry again quite soon after. Wow, the plan sure didn't look like that much food. The picture above shows nearly an entire day's worth of eating! You know what that means -- I've gotten used to eating way too much. After all, I did have three slices of bacon, an egg, a piece of toast and a cup of coffee with cream for breakfast this morning. No more of that!

I'll start tomorrow. The food looks really tasty and vacation is the perfect time to start. I've been such a little piggy that this will practically feel like a fast. And I think that's just what I need, so I'm going to look for places to add the yummy drink of hot water, lemon juice and cayenne pepper and walnuts and fish for omega-3 and essential good fatty oils. And of course I will have to substitute wheat-free alternatives where applicable. Hurrah.

I love the end of winter and the feeling of rebirth as spring starts to appear. It's like a call for good health and a reminder that we are always in a process of renewal. Goodbye winter piggy, hello spring chicken!

No comments: