Thursday, February 22, 2007

Loaf

It burned a little on the top, but I'm so proud of my first delicious loaf of spelt bread. Let's keep in mind that I baked it in a glorified toaster oven that has no temperature settings. I think it turned out great! I added some ground up almonds that made it really moist and give it a bit of protein, too. Baking bread is wonderful for many reasons. 1. It makes your house smell great, 2. It's relaxing and process driven, 3. There's something ancient and biblical about it that makes it an almost meditative act. I'm a huge fan and that's a good thing because I really can't tolerate any more wheat. It's one of the hardest things to cut out of one's diet, especially in Europe, but I'm trying. Still, there will always be irresistible crèpes, fondue and quiches that I don't make at home or just don't taste the same. But I've got toast taken care of!

No comments: