Saturday, February 24, 2007

Just About Ready to Pee My Pants!

Joel is going to be here in a little over 15 hours. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. This is months and months of planning finally coming to fruition. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight or not.

Today I got everything ready. The fridge is stocked with everything wonderful and Swiss. I have cheese from Aux Gourmets, kirsch, white wine, everything to make a fondue including fourchettes and the table stand with combustible gel. I completed my raclette paraphernalia as well. The wooden boards for resting the hot cheese holders on and the little paddles for scraping the cheese are now in my possession. Take a look in my fridge and it's just like any other fridge in Switzerland - fondue cheeses, raclette, cornichons. I have to say, I really felt like a local asking for my preferred cheeses in grams and then asking the cheese steward to grate it. "Mouliné s'il vous plaît, madame." Then she handed it over in the cute little fondue bag that has a jolly bubbling pot of cheese on it. Mmmm, yum!

Yes, Switzerland is having its influence on me. I can tell the difference between different gruyères, I routinely carry cash and I'm actually quite punctual now. Hard to believe, I know. Switzerland is great, but most of all, it really does make me appreciate being a Yank.

Three cheers for my Yankee arriving tomorrow. Hip! Hip! Hooray! Hip! Hip! Hooray! Hip! Hip! Hooray!

No comments: