Monday, January 22, 2007

Sick Day

I'm home sick today, feeling isolated and having no success researching my thesis. I guess this is the perfect time to bring the blog up to date.

Basel Weihnachtsmarkt
My friend Carolyn and I took a pre-Christmas trip to Basel. Both the Christmas Market and the city lived up to their reputations and the gluhwein and sausages were just right. Yum.

I love the keepsake mug.

Enjoying the Weihnachtsmarkt.

Me and Carolyn.

Cutest building ever.
I want to live above that shop behind those shuttered windows.

Winter wonderland. Minus the snow.

I love this bakery -- hearts everywhere.

Outdoor stand up and deliver culinary delights.

Home
The holidays were great and that made coming back to Switzerland a bit of a let down. Back to the routine, back to the stress, back to being without my love bunnies. Rudy doesn't arrive until April 1st, but it's just five weeks until Joel arrives, so I've been devoting much energy and love to nesting and turning the apartment into a happy, cozy little nest for us to be in together. La.

Seattle

Silly

Driving to Oregon

Rudy wears H&M

Rudy gets an eye infection

Rudy won't come out from under the Christmas Tree

Rudy's first flight from Seattle to Spokane.
Propellers. Fun!

All dressed up and ready for New Year's at Chop Suey.

Chop Suey 2007.
The opening band, Wild Sweet Orange, from Alabama were completely awesome.
Get on over to kexp to listen.

I shall try to be a better blogger in 2007.

No comments: