Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Favorite Pillow

No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow. -Lin Yutang

One thing I keep coming back to as I prepare to move is leaving my bed behind. I know this is really silly, but while making the decision of whether to accept the position in Switzerland or not, I literally woke up in the night with the terrifying thought, "Where will I sleep!?!" I guess I am extraordinarily attached to my bed. So, in order to not leave all of it behind, I'm taking my favorite pillow with me. Why not? It's down and should easily fit into the front pocket on my large rolling suitcase. The rest of the bed I will be able to recreate after a trip to IKEA.

It's just one of those things. You never know what's going to be hard to leave until you're leaving. Just like you never know what you'll miss until you're gone.

No comments: