Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pink Dishes

It's a well known fact that I love pink. And perhaps it's going a bit over the top, but we now have pink dishes! :) Most of them are actually white, but I couldn't pass up these sweet pink bowls or the pink dessert plates, either. I love the delicate, flower like appearance of the bowls. They're dainty and have a sweet vintage feel to them. I nearly passed them up, but I'm so glad I got them in the end. I was standing there at IKEA, all ready to pick out some boring, utilitarian white dishes when I said, "Hey, wait a minute! We're not going to live here and eat off of these dishes forever, why not have something fun?" And that was that. I do think pink dishes will be very fun. 

IKEA has a lot of romantic, whimsical stuff right now, with floral patterns and scalloped edges all over the place! I used to prefer everything to be modern with clean lines. Now I find I like a touch of frill. What's your decorating style? Would you ever have pink dishes? ;)

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Love love love the pink!

Erin said...

i'm getting more into pink since i had my daughter, but it has to be a very specific type of pink. it has to either be more on the peachy side of pink or have grey in it for me to like it. i don't think pink dishes would work in our house though, due to me still getting onto the pink train and i don't think my manly hubby would eat off dishes. although, he was the one that said we should paint reagan's room pink, so you never know!

Lindsey McLean said...

They're proving to be totally rad. Naturally! :)

Lindsey McLean said...

I love this!! It's fun to imagine a really manly man eating off of pink dishes! ;) Luckily, it's just white day to day and the pink are in the sideboard for fancy desserts and guests. FUN! ;) Reagan's a lucky girl to have a pink room - Coco's is all yellow and green. Surprising, isn't it?! xo