Monday, April 23, 2012

Our favorite newborn and baby products.

When I was pregnant, we got a lot of advice on what we absolutely had to have for our baby, but not everything was a perfect fit for us, of course. Now that we've been parents for nearly seven months, we have a few must-haves of our own that I'd like to share with you for what it's worth. I can't promise you'll love these, but I feel compelled to share because these are things that really worked for Coco, made our lives easier and fully justified their price tags! 

Mustela products smell so insanely good, I had a hard time believing they could actually be good for Coco's skin. We use quite a few of their products, but my favorite of all is the Cold Cream with Nutri-protective. It keeps Coco's skin so perfectly soft, healthy and kissable and clears up even the reddest of drool rashes! 

We put Fisher Price Rainforest Lullabies on repeat on very low volume at nap time and bedtime and I swear it helps Coco stay asleep longer. The music is blended with nature sounds and it's so soothing and calming. 

The Bugaboo Cameleon is the best city pram ever! If ours broke tomorrow, I'd order a new one before I drew my next breath. We really could not live without it. It's amazing, so smooth, easy to maneuver, ultra-comfortable for Coco, attractive and just awesome! We love it. LOVE. IT.

We started out with a changing pad on top of a dresser because we didn't know if we'd actually use a dedicated changing table or if it would just take up a lot of precious space in our tiny apartment. Plus, there weren't many attractive front-facing options out there to choose from and none of them was affordable. Let me just say that the Stokke Care is completely rad! I love having a dedicated changing table with all of Coco's lotions and potions at hand and I'm happy to say that this changing table is as functional as it is beautiful. I've never regretted purchasing it for one second!

The Boppy Pillow totally lives up to its reputation. The only thing I have to say about the Boppy is to buy an extra cover so you never have to be without it. Seriously. It's that good!

Finally, what's not to love about a bouncer seat that doesn't take batteries?! The Baby Bjorn Babysitter Balance is 100% baby-operated. ;) We love the way Coco looks when she really gets herself bouncing in hers. She kind of curls up and then hurls herself backward. It's adorable! She sits in this while I cook, while I shower, while I eat. It's called a "babysitter" for a reason.

Do you have some of the same baby stuff on our list? What are your must-haves, or maybe your must-nots? (Tomorrow I'll be sharing the list of baby products we should have skipped! ;) In the meantime, I'd love to hear about your favorites!


3 comments:

Margaret said...

I also like that bouncy chair. Although, I did purchase a Fisher Price bouncy chair and used a screw driver to remove the battery pack, put a pillow case over the inane pattern on the seat, and cut off the totally unnecessary "seat belt" (The baby is so reclined in the chair that they can't go anywhere, anyway!). It worked pretty well as a backup chair at my parents' house.

Lindsey McLean said...

I love it! It's a Fisher Price bouncy chair "hack." Well done!! ;)

baby products said...

I think that choosing baby care products is very important work for parents because they have to decide whether the product will suit them or not and its good for them or not.