Monday, July 11, 2011

Chic SPF

After reading this article, I decided to get (even more) serious about sun protection. Naturally, I already use a moisturizer with sunscreen, but a couple of months ago, I added a super sexy Stetson hat to my sun protection routine. I absolutely love it!
It's a men's hat and my head is so unbelievably gigantic, I have to wear a men's LARGE! Strange, but true. I love wearing a hat because I don't get a burn in my part line and it boosts my protection efforts on my face. 

If you're not wearing sunscreen on your face everyday, you really need to cultivate this anti-aging, anti-skin cancer habit. Here are a few suggestions for you.

For foundation-like coverage, use Clinique City Block. It packs a lot of SPF punch with a whopping broad-spectrum protection factor of 40, and it gives moderate to full coverage. 
To look positively luminescent and have flawless invisible coverage, use Lancôme Teint Miracle. It feels like silk on your skin, but it's best for winter use as it only has SPF 15.
For no-tint, anti-aging, use Arbonne RE9 Advanced Restorative Day Crème. It goes on smooth and matte, has an SPF of 20 and is suitable for drier skin types as it's very moisturizing. Added bonus, it will stop those pesky wrinkles in their tracks!
Enjoy your summer - and remember, sun protection and the pale skin that goes with it are ultra-chic!


{photos from here and here and here}

2 comments:

Abbey said...

I just bought a similarly large men's hat! I have a GIGANTIC head! Ha!

Lindsey said...

Abbey, that's because our heads have to accommodate our massive (genius) brains! ;) xo