Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Past Three Weeks...

A few days ago, looking at my last post would have made me cry -- again. Jetlag and arriving in a new place has been a far more emotional and difficult experience than I would have assumed. Luckily I didn't have internet until now, and I'm feeling much more settled and adjusted, so no tears today, except maybe a few tears of joy that I now have a phone and a DSL connection!!

Really, there is a lot to bring all of you up to speed on, so here's a quick recap.

Rudy took a bath! On a 95 degree day in Seattle, he looked like he was languid and listless from the heat. My cousin John informed me that all animals can swim and he was right! Little Rudykin seemed to enjoy the cool water and relief from the heat. I think the rabbit paddle is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Joel helped him out by getting water up onto his back. Rudy is just the sweetest rabbit on earth.


Following the unbearable heat was a week in Spokane. Joel and I had lots of fun housesitting for a family with a really cool dog named Zoey. It was a busy week, full of preparation and the stress made it hard to enjoy the time as it flew by. We did manage to steal one day to go to Tubb's Hill. I didn't swim that day. For some reason I just didn't feel like it. Now I wish I had. It was beautiful and we had a little secluded beach all to ourselves. The kind of place to go to when you close your eyes and want to be somewhere else.

No comments: